2008 International School
in Nuclear Engineering
2008 International School in Nuclear Engineering
Doctoral-level Courses in Advanced Nuclear Science
About the school
The INSTN and the Nuclear Energy Division (DEN) of CEA are continuing their international school in Nuclear Engineering, aiming at promoting knowledge in the field of reactor physics and engineering at a high education level.
Program of courses
This second session will offer 9 advanced courses in nuclear engineering (one module per week) to be held in Saclay, France, in September and October 2008 :
1. Reactor Core Physics: Deterministic and Monte Carlo Methods
2. Materials for Reactor Fuels and Structures
3. LWR and FR thermal-Hydraulics, Fuel Design, Safety and Risk Assessment
4. LWR Core Physics and Fuel Management
5. Experimental Validation and Calibration of Numerical Simulation Models
6. Reactor Kinetics and Dynamics
7. Neutronics Experiments and Simulations
8. Reactor Dismantling and Waste Management
9. Fuel Cycle Back-End and Reprocessing
Lecturers are internationally known experts from leading universities and research institutes in the nuclear field.
Dowload: leaflet of the international school
These doctoral-level courses address both PhD students and post-docs in nuclear research. Three ECTS will be awarded for each successfully completed course.
These courses are also well suited for established engineers wishing to further their knowledge or diversify their skills in advanced nuclear science and engineering.
Registration : Information on registration
|INSTN - Website
Updated on 05/23/2013
© CEA 2013 - All rights reserved