Materials for nuclear reactors, fuels and structures - International school in nuclear engineering
• Identify the available techniques to investigate the evolution of materials under irradiation.
• Compare the properties of steels used for reactor core structures;
• Explain the evolution of fuel and cladding during operation.
Minimum background: Master of Science in Nuclear Engineering or Materials Science.
- Mechanisms of irradiation damage.
- Introduction to fuel materials.
- Behaviour of in core metallic materials:
• Steels for LWR, FBR and fusion,
• Zr alloys for Fuel Assembly in LWR.
- Carbides, SiC and ZrC high temperature materials for GenIV reactors.
Maximum number of trainees: 24.
5 days (30 hours)
- 29 January - 2 February 2018
Mme Stéphanie PELLEGRINO
Phone number: +33 1 69 08 93 29
Mme Corinne CARREAUX
Phone number: +33 1 69 08 25 02
No training session is currently scheduled for 2019. Contact us.