Reactor core physics: deterministic and Monte Carlo methods - International school in nuclear engineering
• Compare the deterministic and probabilistic methods for solving the neutron transport equation.
• Identify the main sources of uncertainties in a neutronic calculation (deterministic or probabilistic).
- Chain reaction and neutron balance.
- Transport equation and calculation schemes.
- Solving the steady-state integro-differential transport equation.
- Neutron slowing-down and resonance absorption.
- Verification & Validation of neutronics code packages.
- The Monte Carlo method.
- Monte Carlo techniques.
- Monte Carlo codes.
- Monte Carlo/Deterministic coupling and benchmarking.
Maximum number of trainees: 24.
Public price: please contact us
5 days (30 hours)
- 20-24 January 2020
M. Jean-Christophe KLEIN
Phone number: +33 4 42 25 79 58
Mme Béatrice JACOB-SILVESTRI
Phone number: +33 4 42 25 37 80
No training session is currently scheduled for 2021. Contact us.