• List and estimate all the uncertainties contributing to a given measurement.
• Combine all these uncertainties and calculate the final uncertainty on the measurement.
• Give the proper expression of a final result.
- Metrological terms and standard uncertainty concept.
- Standard uncertainties in measurement results and other data: how to evaluate?
- Combined standard uncertainty: how to calculate?
- Expanded uncertainty, coverage factor and level of confidence.
- How to write a final result?
- Applications, especially to radioactivity measurements.
The concepts and rules are taught according to the "Guide to the expression of Uncertainty in Measurement (GUM)" ISO/IEC Guide 98-3:2008.
- 50% lab sessions.
Maximum number of trainees: 16.
This course includes lab sessions using ionizing radiations. Please comply with the conditions stated in the terms of sale.
4 days (24 hours)
- 19-22 December 2017
M. Jean-Christophe BODINEAU
Phone number: +33 1 69 08 71 92
Mme Corinne CARREAUX
Phone number: +33 1 69 08 25 02
No training session is currently scheduled for 2018. Contact us.