Nuclear fuel cycle
- Geology of uranium: exploration, mining and resources.
- From uranium ore to yellow cake: the concentration stage.
- From uranium ore concentrates to uranium hexafluoride UF6.
- Uranium enrichment: overview.
- Boiler/Fuel: the constraints.
- Fuel assembly: general design.
- Recycling industry: Mixed oxide fuel (Mox).
- Fuel rod and assembly: thermal-mechanical design.
- Fuel services.
- Uranium enrichment by gaseous diffusion and ultracentrifugation processes.
- Options for spent fuel management.
- French experience with interim storage technologies.
- Transport of nuclear fuel cycle materials.
- Fuel cycle front-end: technical and economical aspects.
- Reprocessed uranium recycling.
- Reprocessing operations and technology.
- Inventory of fuel cycle wastes and long term waste management.
- R&D in the field of the long-lived nuclear waste management: advanced separation, transmutation and long-term interim storage.
- Uranium fuel fabrication plant (FBFC).
- Uranium refining and conversion plant (Comurhex).
- Uranium enrichment plant (Eurodif).
- Mox fuel fabrication plant (Melox).
- Na-FNR (Phenix).
- La Hague spent fuel reprocessing plant (Areva NC).
- Storage site for low radioactivity waste (Andra).
Maximum number of trainees: 18.
This course includes visits of facilities with regulated zones. Please comply with the conditions stated in the terms of sale.
10 days (60 hours)
- 23-27 September 2019 + 30 September - 4 October 2019
Mme Nadia NOWACKI-SMAGACZ
Phone number: +33 1 69 08 30 92
Mme Anne-Laure DUMAIN
Phone number: +33 1 69 08 01 34
No training session is currently scheduled for 2020. Contact us.