• To give the theoretical notions of surface characterization and also to provide the experimental basis in order to understand the potential of different techniques used.
• To have the opportunity to participate in an analysis, from the setting up of samples to the acquisition and interpretation of analytical data, thanks to the means made available.
• To present the complementarity between laboratory and X-ray based techniques for the study of different physical and chemical surface phenomena.
Physical and chemical characterization of surfaces at different scales
A poster session will be organized during the training session. The attendees are invited to submit a short abstract, using the abstract template.
- Introduction to surface analysis:
• Notions of surface,
• Introduction to synchrotron X-ray,
• Photon-matter interaction,
• Electron-matter interaction.
- Laboratory conventional techniques:
• Vibrational spectroscopy,
• Scanning probe microscopy.
- Synchrotron based techniques:
• X-ray microscopy,
• Photoemission X,
• Absorption X,
• X-ray diffraction and scattering.
- Practical experience: conventional and Synchrotron based techniques.
Maximum number of trainees: 30.
5 days (30 hours)
- 23-27 October 2017
Mme Nihed CHAABANE-JEBALI
Phone number: +33 1 69 08 86 03
Mme Nadia NOWACKI-SMAGACZ
Phone number: +33 1 69 08 30 92
No training session is currently scheduled for 2018. Contact us.