Radiation protection basis
• Define biological effects of ionizing radiations and radiation protection quantities.
• Use detection and measuring devices.
• Present the protection systems against external and internal exposure.
• Give an overview of the international regulation in radiation protection.
• Identify radiological risk within a nuclear facility.
- Biological effects of ionizing radiations.
- Radiation protection quantities: equivalent dose, effective dose.
- Detection and measuring.
- External and internal exposure.
- International regulation in radiation protection, ALARA principle.
- Application of radiation protection in nuclear industry.
This course includes visits of facilities with regulated zones. Please comply with the conditions stated in the terms of sale.
Maximum number of trainees: 12.